Saturday, March 21, 2020

What is Corona Virus?


Last Saturday on the 14th of March 2020 I was sitting with a small group of people at Melody Market Islamabad. Our conversation had just begun, when I saw a middle aged man of around 40, who directly approached us. 

He straight way objected me wearing a mask and did not engage with the others sitting next to me, as they were not wearing masks. Quickly without wasting any time, he asked me if I knew the origin of Corona Virus. When I asked him what exactly was the root cause, with a grin on my face (which certainly he could not notice). He instantly replied that Pakistani boys who go to China lick Chinese girls and when they come back to Pakistan they transfer it here via girls. This is what Corona is! He insisted.

Further he added that all those who do not wear a mask clearly show that their belief in God is strong (Imaan paka hai). As he left noticing our lack interest in extending the discussion, he said: “Mask laganay se kuch nahe hota. Musalmano ko kuch nahe hoga”.  When this untimely guest left. I said to all the others in the group: “This is the state of affairs here.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment